TO PROMOTE PEAK BODY CONDITIONING, OVERWEIGHT CATS NEED A PROTEIN-RICH DIET WITH MODERATE FAT AND LIMITED CARBOHYDRATES.
- With 44% richly nourishing protein, 15% low-glycemic carbohydrates, and a unique blend of fibres to nourish overweight cats according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- Unmatched by any other food, 2/3 of the meats are FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of the meats are prepared at 90°C from fresh chicken, turkey and fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meats alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of fresh meats, organs, and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for selective eaters.
YOUR CAT IS UNIQUE
Your cat or kitten is unique and her feeding requirements will vary with her environment, age and activity.
That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring her weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember always to keep fresh, clean water available.
By providing more calories from protein and fat (and fewer from carbohydrates), ORIJEN Fit & Trim distributes calories to mirror the natural feline diet, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Metabolizable Energy is 3710 kcal/kg (445 kcal per 250ml/130g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 47% from protein, 16% from vegetables and fruits, and 36% from fat.
3 SUPPLEMENTS – ZINC, COPPER AND CHOLINE
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so cats derive their complete nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole animals, which contain all of the nutrients they need to thrive.
That’s why you won’t find long lists of synthetics in ORIJEN cat foods. Loaded with richly nourishing ratios of fresh poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and whole eggs, ORIJEN provides a natural source of virtually every nutrient your cat needs to thrive.
85% MEAT | 15% FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Fresh chicken meat (14%), fresh whole eggs (6%), fresh whole herring (6%), fresh turkey meat (6%), fresh chicken liver (6%), fresh whole flounder (4%), fresh whole mackerel (4%), fresh whole pacific hake (4%), fresh turkey liver (4%), fresh chicken heart (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), alaskan pollock (dehydrated, 4%), lentil fiber, whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, chicken cartilage (dehydrated, 1%), fresh turkey heart (1%), whole blue whiting (dehydrated, 1%), chicken fat (0.5%), apple fiber, dried algae (source of DHA and EPA), pumpkin (dehydrated), butternut squash (dehydrated), carrots (dehydrated), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole red delicious apples, fresh whole bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium.
ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg; Copper chelate: 11 mg; Choline chloride: 1200 mg.