Mazuri - Tortoise Diet 5M21 (Repacked) 1lb
Mazuri Tortoise Diet is a high fiber diet designed for dry land herbivorous tortoises such as gopher, sulcata and Galapagos tortoises. This diet may be used with other herbivorous reptiles as well.
Features and Benefits
- High fiber level.
- Contains natural vitamin E.
- Extruded pellet form - Minimizes wastage and creates a more natural feeding environment.
- Complete nutrition - No vitamin or mineral supplementation needed.
- Natural source antioxidants – No ethoxyquin.
Extruded pellet: 1/2" x 3/4" length
Product Sheet: 5M21
Ground soybean hulls, ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, wheat middlings, cane molasses, wheat germ, dehydrated alfalfa meal, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, calcium carbonate, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, calcium pantothenate, niacin, copper sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), riboflavin, l-lysine, zinc sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, calcium iodate, folic acid, vitamin a acetate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Crude protein not less than 15.0%
Crude fat not less than 3.0%
Crude fiber not more than 18.0%
- Feed approximately 2-4% of body weight.
- It is not necessary to moisten pellets with water, though it may help acclimate animals to the diet.
- Feed consumption will vary with environmental temperatures, activity and lifestage.
- Provide good quality grass hay or browse.
- If desired, feed fresh fruits and vegetables.
- At most 5% fruit and 20% vegetables by weight of total diet.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water. Proper humidity levels are also critical for health and proper growth of herbivorous reptiles.