Mazuri Insectivore Diet is designed to simulate the high protein, high fiber diet of insectivorous animals. It has been tested in a wide range of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians as a replacement for all or some of the insect component of the diet.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to be complete and balanced for insectivores - No supplementation necessary.
- Highly fortified - May be fed with fruits, greens, etc.
- Contains fish oil - Rich source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains lecithin – Rich source of phospholipids.
- Contains high fiber - Helps simulate the chitin component of the insectivore’s diet.
- Contains pigments - For healthy feather pigmentation.
- Contains taurine - At levels that meet recommendations for carnivores.
- Highly palatable.
Extruded size: 1/8” round particle.
Product Sheet: 5MK8
- 完整和平衡的食蟲 - 無補充的必要
- 高強化 - 可與水果，蔬菜共同食用
- 含有魚油 -脂肪酸豐富的來源
- 含有卵磷脂 - 磷脂豐富的來源
- 含有高纖維 - 幫助模擬食蟲動物的飲食的甲殼素成分
Product Form: Extruded size: 1/8” round particle.
Poultry by-product meal, ground soybean hulls, whole wheat, chicken meal, dried beet pulp, ground brown rice, dehulled soybean meal, dried egg product, ground aspen, poultry fat preserved with BHA, porcine animal fat preserved with BHA and citric acid, natural poultry flavor, powdered cellulose, dried apple pomace, wheat germ, fish meal, shrimp meal, whey, lecithin, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, fish oil, phosphoric acid, dl-methionine, taurine, choline chloride, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), lascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), pyridoxine hydrochloride, salt, thiamine mononitrate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), cholecalciferol (form of vitamin D3), preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), calcium carbonate, biotin, inositol, rosemary extract, vitamin A acetate, vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, citric acid, riboflavin, calcium pantothenate, nicotinic acid, canthaxanthin (color), ferrous sulfate, calcium iodate, copper sulfate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, ferrous carbonate, zinc sulfate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.
Crude protein not less than 28.0%
Crude fat not less than 12.0%
Crude fiber not more than 13.0%
- Feed to insectivores at a rate of at least 50% of their daily dry matter intake. Feed intake will vary based on animal body size and lifestage, level of activity and environmental temperature.
- Initially, soaking Mazuri Insectivore diet in water (2 parts water:1 part dry diet) may help to transition animals that are used to soft/moist diets.
- After 1-2 weeks on soaked diet, move to 1 part water:1 part dry diet, and 1-2 weeks later, offer dry diet.
- If moistened, replace diet twice a day.
- If feeding live insects to the animal, ensure insects are gut loaded prior to feeding out.