Hill's Prescription Diet
Hill's u/d Canine Urinary Care
Bladder stones are collections of mineral crystals that combine together in the urinary tract. They can cause discomfort and lead to more serious problems that require the care of a veterinarian.
Because the food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well-being, Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's bladder health.
Dogs need the right balance of minerals to maintain good bladder health. Excess minerals can encourage the formation of crystals in the urine, which can lead to the creation of bladder stones.
- Reduced levels of protein and calcium to help limit the formation of bladder stones
- Added taurine and high levels of L-carnitine help maintain healthy heart muscle function
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
Bladder Health Warning Signs
- Incontinence or "accidents"
- Urinating in new or unusual places
- Frequent attempts to urinate, without producing much urine
- Straining to urinate
- Behavior changes such as restless, listlessness or loss of interest in usual activities
- Refusing to eat or reduced appetite
- Licking around the urinary opening
Brewers Rice, Corn Starch, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Dried Egg Product, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Flaxseed, Lactic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, L-Threonine, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols & Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta- Carotene, Rosemary Extract.