Hill's Prescription Diet
Hill's Prescription Diet - Feline k/d Early Support with Chicken
Specifically designed to meet the needs of cats with early kidney disease, with carefully controlled levels of protein, phosphorus and other kidney-sensitive nutrients.
1 out of 3 cats may develop kidney disease in their lifetime. This disease can be difficult to spot in cats, as signs may not be clearly visible until 75% of kidney function is lost. However, a new test can now detect kidney disease months and even years earlier, when as little as 25% of kidney function is lost.
Kidney disease is more common at advanced age, but with early detection & intervention, kidney disease can be stabilized. If your cat's age is advanced - ask your veterinarian about the SDMA™ test, for early detection of kidney disease. Feeding the right nutrition early in the disease can help transform the lives of cats with early kidney disease.
NEW PRESCRIPTION DIET™ k/d™ Early Support is a food specifically designed to meet the needs of cats with early kidney disease. The nutrition of k/d™ Early Support has been clinically shown to sustain kidney function and healthy body condition in cats with early kidney disease.
How It Works
- Controlled phosphorus & sodium to protect kidney function
- High quality protein providing 160% of daily essential amino acid requirements
- High protein digestibility (greater than 90%)
- Antioxidants to help defend cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system
- Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil to help fight inflammation
- High level of L-carnitine to support muscle
- With S+OX SHIELDTM - Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals
How It Helps
- The nutrition of NEW PRESCRIPTION DIET™ k/d™ Early Support is clinically shown to sustain kidney function and healthy body condition in cats with early kidney disease. In addition, the product is formulated to help the cat maintain muscle mass and to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Wheat, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Fat, Wheat Gluten, Flaxseed, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Lactic Acid, DL-Methionine, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, L-Arginine, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Lysine, L-Threonine, Iodized Salt, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Calcium Sulfate, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.