All animals require optimum nutrition to maintain good health. For some cats and dogs in certain situations, this can’t always be provided through their diet and needs to be supplemented through nutrients. One such group of nutrients are the Omega 3 and Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs).
Helps soothe itchy, damaged skin
One of the most common health problems in cats
Bacteria Build Up
Typically caused by infrequent washing which leads to an over-growth of bacteria that naturally live on the skin
Usually caused by an over-growth of a type of yeast that naturally lives on the skin, or fungal pathogens, such as ringworm.
Helps improve the health of their coat to bring back its shine
There are many signs of potential skin and coat problems, some of which may lead to skin complaints. The main ones to look out for are:
- Hair loss
- Dull coat
- Dry or reddened skin
- Scaly or flaky skin
- Poor hair growth
- Repeated skin problems
Coatex EFA contains a proven blend of Omega 3 and Omega 6 EFAs. The levels are specifically designed to help health in dogs and cats, and provide a better blend of ingredients than using a single EFA source such as evening primrose oil.
- Linoleic acid (LA) – an omega 6 that is particularly useful in maintaining optimal skin turnover and barrier function
- Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) – an omega 6 that is not very widely available but is very useful in maintaining healthy skin
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) – an omega 3 that is known to help with the many bodily functions
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) – an omega 3 known to support various actions in the body and skin
- Vitamin E – a potent antioxidant
- Vitamin A – a lipid-soluble vitamin that helps to maintain healthy skin and coat
- Vitamin D – a lipid-soluble vitamin that aids skin turnover
Coatex EFA comes in either a gel capsule or a liquid pump, to suit the needs of you and your pet. Your vet will advise on the quantity to feed. Both can be given alone or mixed in with food.